PRIVATE DAY TRIP FROM FES TO MEKNES, VOLUBILIS, AND MOULAY IDRISS.
- 1 PRIVATE DAY TRIP FROM FES TO MEKNES, VOLUBILIS, AND MOULAY IDRISS.
- 1.1 Fes Volubilis Moulay Idriss Meknes Day trips from fes
- 1.2 Meknes Private Tour from Fez Itinerary:
Fes Volubilis Moulay Idriss Meknes Day trips from fes
Fes to Meknes One Day Trip, Visit one of the four imperial cities of Morocco and see the Roman ruins of an ancient kingdom on a day trip from Fez. Explore the Medina of Meknes, go to the historic remains of Meknes Volubilis tour and see the holy town of Moulay Idriss.Enjoy a special day trip to Meknes and Volubilis from fez with Guide Morocco Tours, from Fes to the forth imperial city that must be visited because of its beautiful big gates, large Kasbahs, its palaces, including Dar El Kabira where the royal family stays when they come to Meknes, its fortifications, and its large gardens. On the same day, we will visit the famous site of Volubilis archaeological site of 50 hectares the best preserved and the most visited of Morocco. You will be able to appreciate the greatness of the Roman vestiges: Caracalla’s Arc de Triomphe, the Basilica, and The Capitol.
Day trip from Fes to Meknes and Volubilis Key Detail :
- Duration: 1Days
- Destination: Meknes Excursion
- Departure: Around 8H30 in the morning
- Starting Location: Fes
- Ending Location: Fes
things to do in Meknes day Trip:
- See the Roman ruins of Volubilis dates to 3BC
- Visit Morocco’s holiest cities in Moulay Idriss Zerhoun
- fes to Volubilis ruins
- Volubilis tour from Meknes
- Explore the medina of Meknes the 4th imperial city and discover its beautiful gates
- Discover the Moroccan architecture and go through the old civilization
- Volubilis guide
- Enjoy the beautiful gates of Meknes, bab el Mansour and bb lakhmiss
- Enjoy the beautiful and the picturesque landscapes of the middle and high atlas
ONE DAY TRIP FROM FEZ TO VOLUBILIS and MEKNES included:
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- English/French/Spanish speaking driver during the day trip
- Pick up & Drop off at your Meknes accommodation
- things to do near Meknes Morocco airport
- A local guide to take you on a walk to Meknes Morocco city
Meknes Private Tour from Fez Itinerary:
1 day trip to Meknes and Volubilis from fez:
After your breakfast in fes head to Meknes, The magnificent imperial city Meknes , you are going visit the mosque, Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, Bab al-Mansour, Moulay Idriss and Place el-Hedim .
We start our Meknes day trip with a pickup from your Fes accommodations at 9 m. Then, head out to explore the ancient imperial city of Meknes, known as the “Versailles of Morocco”. See historical sites such as the impressive ramparts, monumental gates, and the Mausoleum Moulay Ismail. At its peak of glory, Meknes had over 50 palaces, 20 doors, and a city wall that measured around 45km. the Holly city of Morocco and Meknes, where you will have a magnificent view of the Medina. The tour begins with a tour of the walls with monumental gates dating from the seventeenth century Berdaïne Bab, Bab Khemis. Continue exploring the city by the stables (Rua), attics (HERI), and Stud. Stop at the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, the only mosque that non-Muslims could visit in Morocco for a long time. Exit through the famous Bab Mansour El on the vast square Hedim. On the other side of the square, the Museum of Moroccan Art “Dar Jamai” offers a wide variety of handicrafts for you to see. Then we visit the ancient Roman ruins Volubilis, where you will spend a some time exploring the 2000-year-old ruins and getting an idea of life during the Roman Empire. Continue to Moulay Idriss. On your way back to Fes, the driver can take you to see the view of the Medina from Borj North or South by request. Conclude your tour back in your hotel.
NOTE: The fes to Meknes day tour is available every day.
Volubilis Meknes day trip prices:
- 1pax: 240€
- 2 pax: 170€
- 3 pax: 155€
- 3 pax: 140€
- 4 pax: 120€
- 5 pax: 100€
- 6+pax: 89€ pp
check our recommended tours fes morocco
- Marrakech to Volubilis